Recipes and Tips for making Pie.
Deep Dish Apple Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons to 5 tbsp milk
- 8 cups large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg mixed with
- 2 tablespoons milk for glazing
- For pastry, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut into butter until an even, crumbly texture. Whisk together egg and 3 Tbsp milk. Add to dough and mix until dough comes together, adding additional milk if needed. Shape dough into a disc, wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- While dough is chilling prepare filling. Bring apples up to a simmer with water, 1 cup sugar and cinnamon sticks. Simmer for 15 minutes, until apples are tender and drain. Remove cinnamon sticks. Allow to cool to room temperature and toss with remaining 1 cup sugar, orange zest, ground nutmeg and cloves.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Roll out two thirds of pastry to less than ¼-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Line an 8-inch springform pan carefully, letting pastry hang a little over the sides. Roll out remaining one third of dough large enough to cover top of pan. Fill pan with apples and brush edges of pastry with egg wash. Place disc of pastry to cover fruit and seal edge, trim and crimp. Make holes in pastry with a fork or scissors and brush with remaining egg wash. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until pastry is a rich golden brown. Let pie rest for 20 minutes before removing springform ring.
- Crab Dip-Learn how to make mesmerizing crab dips from the comfort of your own home using these tools and methods you will be shown in simple step by step format.
- Cream Sauce-A French word that means a relish to make our food more appetizing. Sauces are liquid or semi-liquid foods devised to make other foods look, smell, and taste better, and hence be more easily digested and more beneficial. This website presents a variety of cream sauce recipes embellished with background information.
- Crockpots Cooking-Do you have a crockpot? Now you can make full use of it. This website teaches you from the basics right up to the advances and presents some amazing crockpot recipes.
- Lobstertails Cooking-Just how do you do those lobster tails? Whether they are fresh and frozen, this website shows you how, where and when. Log on to lobstertailscooking.com lobster tails inspirations.
- Minestrone Soup-Just how exactly do you make that minestrone soup? And how do you make the best minestrone soup ever? From the vegetable broth to the chicken stock, and much much more, this website takes you there.
- Peach Cobbler-In the land of its origin-China, peach is thought to have mystical attributes bringing with it good luck, abundance and protection. Cobbler recipes have been printed in cookbooks since the 19th century. Now, our expert chef and writer teaches you step by step with amazing recipes and directions to how make the great peach cobbler. Have fun!
- Pinto Beans-Just what do you know about pinto beans as a culinary ingredient? Nothing compared to what you will know after you read this website. Pinto-Beans.com is designed from the ground up to cover everything from nutritional aspects to a variety of recipes.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake-The ultimate pumpkin cheesecake websites brings you more recipes than you can use and a variety of thoroughly researched and richly presently supplementary information. You'll never have to look elsewhere for pumpkin cheesecake cooking help again, thanks to this great website.
- Quinoa Salads-It's time to get the scoop on quinoa salads. Here you are presented with nutritional information, preparation, background and a variety of recipes on quinoa and quinoa salads.
- Recipe For A Salad-Here we present you with the widest variety of the best salad recipes of all times. Each recipe is carefully tested and reviewed and handpicked by our editors. If you need to make salad, you've come to right place.
- Recipe For A Soup-Soup is a food that is made by combining ingredients such as meat and vegetables with stock, juice, water or another liquid. Here you'll find the best soup recipes of all time, with simple step by step instructions suitable for everyone from beginner to expert. If you like soup, or just need to cook it, visit this website today.
- Recipe For Cake-If you like baking, or cakes, or both, this is the website for you. Here you'll find all the cake recipes you've ever dreamed existed, with simple step by step instructions that even a child can follow. Whatever kind of cake you want to make, you'll find it here, and much more.
Recipe For Pie-The first pies were made thousands of years ago, during the New Stone Age. Whatever type of pie you're looking for, you'll find it in this handpicked selection of the greatest pie recipes available anywhere.
- Recipe For Rice-Start using rice in innovative ways you've never thought of before. With these rice recipes, you'll never go hungry. You're presented with a wide variety of specially selected recipes presented in simple instructional and illustrated language that even a child could follow.
- Recipe For Sauce-Sauces are an important element in cuisine all over the world. This website brings you the greatest variety of the highest quality sauces from around the world. These recipes were carefully tested and and written in simple by step language complete with illustrations by our expert cooks, chefs and sauciers.
- Recipes That Are Easy-For those of you who are not starting off and want some recipes that don't require a great amount of skills, time or ingredients, we have handpicked a selection of the best easy recipes for any occasion. You're sure to find what you're looking, and more.
- Stuffed Pepper-From fiery stuffed peppers in the Caribbean to mellow stuffed bell peppers in the United States, many people associate stuffed peppers with Mediterranean cuisine. As you may or may not know, stuffed peppers are peppers which have been emptied out and stuffed with a variety of foods before being baked, broiled, grilled, or simmered in a sauce. This website covers the whole range from beginner to advanced.