Recipes and Tips for making Pie.
The blackberry is an edible fruit produced by any of several species in the Rubus genus of the Rosaceae family. The fruit is not a true berry; botanically it is termed an aggregate fruit, composed of small drupelets. The plants typically have biennial canes and perennial roots. Blackberries and raspberries are also called caneberries or brambles. It is a widespread, and well known group of over 375 species, many of which are closely related apomictic microspecies native throughout the temperate northern hemisphere and South America.
Primary cultivation takes place in the state of Oregon located in the United States of America. Oregon is the leading blackberry producer in the world, producing 42.6 million pounds on 6,180 acres (25.0 km2), in 1995 and 56.1 million pounds on 7,000 acres (28 km2) in 2009. While Oregon may lead the world in volume of fruit produced, Serbia has tremendous acreage.
The soft fruit is popular for use in desserts, jams, seedless jellies and sometimes wine. It is often mixed with apples for pies and crumbles.
Good nectar producers, blackberry shrubs bearing flowers yield a medium to dark, fruity honey.
The blackberry is known to contain polyphenol antioxidants, naturally occurring chemicals that can upregulate certain beneficial metabolic processes in mammals. The astringent blackberry root is sometimes used in herbal medicine as a treatment for diarrhea and dysentery. The related but smaller dewberry can be distinguished by the white, waxy coating on the fruits, which also usually have fewer drupelets. (Rubuscaesius) is in its own section (Caesii) within the subgenus Rubus.
As there is forensic evidence from the Iron AgeHaraldskær Woman that she consumed blackberries some 2500 years ago, it is reasonable to conclude that blackberries have been eaten by humans over thousands of years.
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Combine 3 ½ cups berries with the sugar and flour. Spoon the mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Spread the remaining ½ cup berries on top of the sweetened berries, and cover with the top crust. Seal and crimp the edges. Brush the top crust with milk, and sprinkle with ¼ cup sugar.
- Bake at 425 degree F (220 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- Crab Dip-Learn how to make mesmerizing crab dips from the comfort of your own home using these tools and methods you will be shown in simple step by step format.
- Cream Sauce-A French word that means a relish to make our food more appetizing. Sauces are liquid or semi-liquid foods devised to make other foods look, smell, and taste better, and hence be more easily digested and more beneficial. This website presents a variety of cream sauce recipes embellished with background information.
- Crockpots Cooking-Do you have a crockpot? Now you can make full use of it. This website teaches you from the basics right up to the advances and presents some amazing crockpot recipes.
- Lobstertails Cooking-Just how do you do those lobster tails? Whether they are fresh and frozen, this website shows you how, where and when. Log on to lobstertailscooking.com lobster tails inspirations.
- Minestrone Soup-Just how exactly do you make that minestrone soup? And how do you make the best minestrone soup ever? From the vegetable broth to the chicken stock, and much much more, this website takes you there.
- Peach Cobbler-In the land of its origin-China, peach is thought to have mystical attributes bringing with it good luck, abundance and protection. Cobbler recipes have been printed in cookbooks since the 19th century. Now, our expert chef and writer teaches you step by step with amazing recipes and directions to how make the great peach cobbler. Have fun!
- Pinto Beans-Just what do you know about pinto beans as a culinary ingredient? Nothing compared to what you will know after you read this website. Pinto-Beans.com is designed from the ground up to cover everything from nutritional aspects to a variety of recipes.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake-The ultimate pumpkin cheesecake websites brings you more recipes than you can use and a variety of thoroughly researched and richly presently supplementary information. You'll never have to look elsewhere for pumpkin cheesecake cooking help again, thanks to this great website.
- Quinoa Salads-It's time to get the scoop on quinoa salads. Here you are presented with nutritional information, preparation, background and a variety of recipes on quinoa and quinoa salads.
- Recipe For A Salad-Here we present you with the widest variety of the best salad recipes of all times. Each recipe is carefully tested and reviewed and handpicked by our editors. If you need to make salad, you've come to right place.
- Recipe For A Soup-Soup is a food that is made by combining ingredients such as meat and vegetables with stock, juice, water or another liquid. Here you'll find the best soup recipes of all time, with simple step by step instructions suitable for everyone from beginner to expert. If you like soup, or just need to cook it, visit this website today.
- Recipe For Cake-If you like baking, or cakes, or both, this is the website for you. Here you'll find all the cake recipes you've ever dreamed existed, with simple step by step instructions that even a child can follow. Whatever kind of cake you want to make, you'll find it here, and much more.
Recipe For Pie-The first pies were made thousands of years ago, during the New Stone Age. Whatever type of pie you're looking for, you'll find it in this handpicked selection of the greatest pie recipes available anywhere.
- Recipe For Rice-Start using rice in innovative ways you've never thought of before. With these rice recipes, you'll never go hungry. You're presented with a wide variety of specially selected recipes presented in simple instructional and illustrated language that even a child could follow.
- Recipe For Sauce-Sauces are an important element in cuisine all over the world. This website brings you the greatest variety of the highest quality sauces from around the world. These recipes were carefully tested and and written in simple by step language complete with illustrations by our expert cooks, chefs and sauciers.
- Recipes That Are Easy-For those of you who are not starting off and want some recipes that don't require a great amount of skills, time or ingredients, we have handpicked a selection of the best easy recipes for any occasion. You're sure to find what you're looking, and more.
- Stuffed Pepper-From fiery stuffed peppers in the Caribbean to mellow stuffed bell peppers in the United States, many people associate stuffed peppers with Mediterranean cuisine. As you may or may not know, stuffed peppers are peppers which have been emptied out and stuffed with a variety of foods before being baked, broiled, grilled, or simmered in a sauce. This website covers the whole range from beginner to advanced.